Sunday, April 22, 2012

HTML

If there is anything in this Online Marketing class that I think we could cover more or that I would love to discuss further, is HTML. What are the functions of html? What are some of the basic uses and could we possibly learn a few beginning tricks or methods for using html? What are some of the advanced things that can be done with html? How important is html to the online marketing world? Should we know some basic html programming if we are looking for jobs in the marketing world? Are there different types of html? You get my point. I could go on asking questions about html, its capabilities, and how to actually use it but that's what I am hoping we might do in this class. As a senior here at Trinity, I am applying for jobs in the marketing world right now and I have seen so many applications that sounded like a good fit for myself but the positions required much more knowledge of html than I had. Is html pertinent enough for most marketers to learn some or should we leave that to the actual programmers and creative side of the business? Now I know that the creative "side" of the business isn't the best way to word things because quite honestly, the world of marketing and its various aspects are so integrated that it can be difficult to have "sides". At the same time, there are still people who operate much more based off of certain software they are savvy with or programming skills that they have. Essentially, I want to know if I should be learning the ways of html and if so, can we start doing some of that in this class?

No comments:

Post a Comment