Sunday, April 15, 2012

LinkedIn

For all of you out there who are graduating and looking for jobs or even for those who are still in college for a few years, I would suggest looking up the site LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a wonderful website that is essentially devoted to the professional world. This site places a large emphasis on networking and having connections with other people. It is a very valuable resource for staying in touch with colleagues, former employers, or even with potential future employers, and friends. On the LinkedIn website you start by developing a profile page and inputting all your professional information as well as adding connections or looking for people you may know. LinkedIn is easy to use and even offers a job board for those such as myself, to search for job openings and the option to apply to various positions. I created my LinkedIn profile a few weeks ago and I have already developed a fairly complete profile and have also been connected with about 49 or 50 people. I have also been using the job board on a regular basis to apply for marketing positions online. This has been very beneficial for me as I have applied to about 7 positions through LinkedIn and have another 14 or so jobs that I have saved because I am interested in applying for these positions as well. Also, I have been able to keep in contact with a few companies that actually looked over my application and got in touch with me. LinkedIn could potentially kick off your career in whatever field you may be going into and it could truly increase your networking abilities, which is essential is today's business world. I would encourage anyone to give it a try and take advantage of the wonderful resources LinkedIn puts at your disposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment