Monday, April 2, 2012

I hope this works this time

I almost bought a lottery ticket on Friday night...but I didn't get around to it.  My dad even called me from Florida and told me to buy one, but I still didn't.  Of course everyone thinks that they'll be the lucky one who wins, but I was a little bit too cynical to even try.

I had a teacher in high school, Mr. Veldman, my business teacher at Illiana, that told us that buying a lottery is the stupidest thing you could do...maybe he was a little bit too dramatic, but I still listened to him this time.

BUT, if I did win, I would just take a few million to play around with right away.  Maybe buy a big house for myself and some nice cars... get all the Apple products I could ever want, give some to my friends and family, and give some to charity.

I would save and invest the rest.  I would try to turn that money into a billion dollars...kind of like Gordon Gekko.  I know I'd be set for life, but I'd still like to try to have a huge impact on the world.  Oh, and I think I would stay in school.

1 comment: