Thursday, February 9, 2012

Search for SHS

When I searched Streamwood High School:

Google à The first five websites were: my high school’s main site, my high school’s athletic site, a Google review page of my school, my hometown’s page on the high school, and my high school on Wikipedia. Over on the side of the searches was a Google map of my schools location and at the bottom of the first page was a video search for “Streamwood High School”.

Bing à The first five websites were: my high school’s home page, my high school on Wikipedia, then a clickable map and address of my school with links next to and above it, a site for my high school’s alumni (streamwoodhighschool.net), and a U-46 school district directory link for the high school. There was also an advertisement on the right of the search to reconnect and view pictures of Streamwood High School alumni.

Yahoo à The first five websites were: my high school’s home page, my high school on Wikipedia, a site for my high school’s alumni (streamwoodhighschool.net), a U-46 school district directory link for the high school, and Streamwood High School reviews and maps at local.yahoo.com. A map and address of my school with links and reviews next to it, was above the search links. Also, there was an advertisement on the right of the search to reconnect and view pictures of Streamwood High School alumni.

***There were some similarities in the sites and maps on each of these search engines, but many of the sites were in a different order or further down the page than the top five.

No comments:

Post a Comment